Friday, June 18, 2010

Good Goobety Goop!




Remember this guy? This is Whitman Mayo...better known as Grady on the hit show Sanford and Son. "Good Goobety-Goop" was his trademark saying and usually followed some profound happening or everyday occurence that got him really excited!



Like Grady, I am kinda in that place right now. I have so many confirmations and revelations from God that I can hardly contain myself, but in the Land of Goobety-Goo, there is always some kind of twist or turn that seeks to put a damper on the fire of excitement and turn it into

major anxiety and nerve wracking second thoughts.



We consistently ask God, "Who me"? and even follow it with a more

cautious, "why me"? and I am ever happy that God does not give us

a quick-fix answer because I am sure He has heard it all before. In

fact, He had to listen to the long and drawn out prayers and questions

from Noah and Jonah and Abraham and more than likely, Joseph who

was getting ready to marry the already pregnant Mary, mother of

Jesus and you KNOW there was talk in the neighborhood! Come on

now! So, when God shoots an "impossible to man" vision at us, we

put on a brave face and tell a few trusted people and we seem to

be able to take on the new assignment with all of our faith and all of our

might, but inside...we are trembling and begging, "Does it have to be me"?



At this place in my life, I think and say out loud...."Lord, do you have

any idea how old I am"? and of course, He does not have to reply

because we have covered this ground before, and He is tired of my

"age" reminders. He will not take excuses and He will not allow me

to back down, no matter what. I am, as the kids say, "In it to win it"

but not for myself alone. I am moving forward into ministry and I

have no idea where this will all go. Stay with me, people..in prayer and

in friendship. God is leading and I am following and all I can say is

"Good Goobety Goop"!!!





No comments: